Bounce/Forward, Forward/Delete.

Ron Hahn (Senior Analyst) HahnR at SHB.IE
Tue Jun 1 11:34:38 IST 2004

Why bring this upon yourself?

My experience has been that:

a) The return path is usually invalid, so you get a bounce to your bounced
message, wasting more resources.
b) The domain doesn't exist, so again you get more processing overload.
c) The mailserver on the far end usually times out repeatedly, causing your
mail server to try try try again again again..

In summary, I don't think this is what you really want.

..and trying to "get even" with the spammer is also a losing battle because
you will end up being the real loser.. lost resources, lost time, etc..

Here, all high scoring spam goes directly to /dev/null.  Low scoring spam
gets clearly marked as such in the subject and most email clients deal with
that just fine; Without consuming excessive resources.

Ron