MTA preferences for use with MailScanner

Dan Harris dan at aac-services.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 11:25:10 IST 2004

MaiScanner and Exim4 are a doddle to set up on Debian (both from the Testing
branch), provided you read the supplied README.Debian files for each
package! Fine tuning the MailScanner settings and making Exim relay domains
on to another server is what took me most time. I have no experience of
Postfix so I can't comment on that, but having been used to Qmail I find
Exim to be far more flexible, but by virtue of that is a little trickier to
configure. Overall worth the effort though.

Dan.

IT Systems Admin
AAC Services Ltd.