Error on restart

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jul 28 22:30:55 IST 2004

"restart" is not a valid command-line option to MailScanner itself (which
you should pretty much never call directly). "restart" is for the init.d
script. It will stop all the processes, wait a bit for them to clean up
after themselves, then run "check_mailscanner" which is the approved way of
starting MailScanner. Please don't call MailScanner directly if you can
avoid it.

--
Julian Field

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk