Fix for MyDoom-O problems

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Tue Jul 27 21:48:14 IST 2004

>Now... if some hunks succeed and other don't, you're into trouble...
>the Message.pm is modified, but only in part... you'll also get the
>original file in Message.pm.orig and a file with the failed hunks (in
>patch format) named Message.pm.rej... you have to manually check this
>last file and see why it didn't apply and if you have to manually make
>changes or discard them...
>
>This last thing requires that you understand a bit of patch and diff
>(and Perl)...
>man patch
>man diff
>and get the camel book...

Thanks Mariano.

If I may ask another quick question. Let's say I run the patch and I get
the worst, as you posted above. Can I just revert back to a possible copy
of Message.pm and everything should be ok? Or, at this point, am I at the
point of no return?

I was thinking of making a copy of Message.pm and then running the patch.
If everything goes well, im ok.
But if something goes wrong, I was wondering if I could just move the copy
Message.pm file into the directory and everything would be ok. This could
give me some time to go through the .rej file and see what the problem is.

I appreciate it.

Cheers,

Jason

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk