Fix for MyDoom-O problems

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Jul 27 20:36:12 IST 2004

I originally wrote:
> > > I assume the patch is not needed for version 4.31.6-1 if we
> > > used the replacement Message.pm supplied by Julian in a prior
> > > emailing - Correct?
> >

> My experience on several systems:
>
> The patch fails on version 4.31.6-1:
>
> Patch Works on last beta. 4.32.3
>
> My best guess:
>
> If you're running 4.31.6-1:
>         1. Save a copy of the existing Message.pm file
>         2. Copy the new Message.pm file over the existing Message.pm
>         3. Add some nice comment in languages.conf fro the missing
>            "AchiveTooDeep"

But my "en" version of languages.conf already has an "ArchiveTooDeep" entry.
Hence, I don't see the log entries and was a little confused. My guess is
that if you upgrade to 4.31.6-1, copy Julian's replacement Message.pm over
the old, original 4.31.6-1 Message.pm, you will be OK.

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com
Charleston Newspapers

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk