Fix for MyDoom-O problems

Thomas Lohman thomasl at MTL.MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 27 20:38:43 IST 2004

Richard Lynch wrote:

> As a side note on the Mydoom.O double zip issue.  F-Prot released a new
> version for unix this past weekend.  A a result we have been catching
> the double zip copies of Mydoom.O from the very beginning.  Even before
> applying Julian's patch.

Am I correct in assuming that if I have this set in my MailScanner.conf
file:

Maximum Archive Depth = 0

that Julian's patch is not going to affect whether or not I block the
MyDoom.O double zip attack - unless, my virus scanner (the clamav module
- version 0.74 of clamav and perl module version 0.11) catches it?

thanks much,

--tom

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk