OT: RE: maillog.myi Cannot Insert row

Pete pete at EATATHOME.COM.AU
Tue Jul 20 12:25:34 IST 2004

Steve Freegard wrote:

>Hi Pete,
>

>>Today i have started seeing
>>Cannot insert row: Can't open file: 'maillog.MYI'. (errno: 144)
>>in my log file a lot. The Maillog.myd file is 130mb, so i
>>would love to
>>be 'reset' this. Can i just delete these files and restart?
>>

>No - don't delete the files - you will loose the data and mysql will most
>likely refuse to start.
>
>130Mb isn't too large (mine is about 1.4Gb and has over a years worth of
>data and just over a million rows) - the error your are getting means that
>the datafile and/or indexes have been corrupted (this can happen from a
>power-cut or not shutting down mysql cleanly).
>
>It is really easy to fix:
>
>- Stop MySQL
>- cd /var/db/mysql/mailscanner/
>- myisamchk -r *.MYI
>- Start MySQL
>- Reload the MailScanner children & check the maillog for warnings/errors
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Kind regards,
>Steve.

Thanks Steve, i was trying those commands to repair the table, but
because i didnt have any space left on the drive it couldnt work, but i
am not very familiar with sql so it took me sometime to work out the
problem.

The reason i worry for the size is because i stupidly created the
partition sizes incorrectly on ym BSD server and now have 256mb for /var
and 28GB for /usr.

I will need to think about working out how to move MYSQL databses to
/usr ...

thanks for your reply - much appreciated
Pete

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk