OT: RE: maillog.myi Cannot Insert row

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Tue Jul 20 14:41:46 IST 2004

> Thanks Steve, i was trying those commands to repair the table, but
> because i didnt have any space left on the drive it couldnt work, but i
> am not very familiar with sql so it took me sometime to work out the
> problem.
>
> The reason i worry for the size is because i stupidly created the
> partition sizes incorrectly on ym BSD server and now have 256mb for /var
> and 28GB for /usr.
>
> I will need to think about working out how to move MYSQL databses to
> /usr ...

For that you can

1- backup, stop mysql, relocate the datadir on a partition with free
space, then create symlink, restart mysql

2- backup, stop mysql, relocate the datatir, change the datadir
variable, restart server, restart mysql

For more complet explanations, see MySQL, from Paul Dubois, available at
Sam's Publising.  Very excellent book on MySQL.

http://www.kitebird.com/mysql-book/

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk