OT: RE: maillog.myi Cannot Insert row

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Tue Jul 20 09:32:07 IST 2004

Hi Pete,

> Today i have started seeing
> Cannot insert row: Can't open file: 'maillog.MYI'. (errno: 144)
> in my log file a lot. The Maillog.myd file is 130mb, so i
> would love to
> be 'reset' this. Can i just delete these files and restart?

No - don't delete the files - you will loose the data and mysql will most
likely refuse to start.

130Mb isn't too large (mine is about 1.4Gb and has over a years worth of
data and just over a million rows) - the error your are getting means that
the datafile and/or indexes have been corrupted (this can happen from a
power-cut or not shutting down mysql cleanly).

It is really easy to fix:

- Stop MySQL
- cd /var/db/mysql/mailscanner/
- myisamchk -r *.MYI
- Start MySQL
- Reload the MailScanner children & check the maillog for warnings/errors

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Steve.

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk