Several messages in the incoming queue are not being sent

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Mon Jul 19 16:27:30 IST 2004

Peter Peters wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:37:28 -0600, you wrote:
>

>>I would then move every df/qf pair from mqueue.in.OLD to mqueue.in:
>>

>I wouldn't do that. It makes a bad impression. When sendmail crashes the
>server at the other end will notice and send the message again. When you
>move the pairs to mqueue.in the message will be handled again by your
>system. So the recipient will receive the message twice.

Isn't an xf file created during transmission, and when the sending
server releases the email, the xf is changed to a qf?

With as many df files as Diego had, I would think that a few people
getting a duplicate email would be better than 1000+ emails not being
delivered at all! :-)

Dustin

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk