Several messages in the incoming queue are not being sent

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Tue Jul 20 10:00:27 IST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:27:30 -0600, you wrote:

>>I wouldn't do that. It makes a bad impression. When sendmail crashes the
>>server at the other end will notice and send the message again. When you
>>move the pairs to mqueue.in the message will be handled again by your
>>system. So the recipient will receive the message twice.
>>
>Isn't an xf file created during transmission, and when the sending
>server releases the email, the xf is changed to a qf?
>
>With as many df files as Diego had, I would think that a few people
>getting a duplicate email would be better than 1000+ emails not being
>delivered at all! :-)

In my case(s) all files still showed up as locked when I did a mqueue.
So even sendmail didn't think they were ready. And sendmail gives the
sending server an OK when he has succesfully removed the lock.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk