FreeBSD Virus Scanners?

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Fri Jul 16 10:28:06 IST 2004

On Friday, July 16, 2004 12:24 AM MailScanner mailing list wrote:

> Can anyone recommend any AV scanners for BSD, especially if
> they will play nice with mailscanner. I have a site wide
> license for Etrust but it wont play nice with BSD either.

Etrust is great but a pain in the ass under BSD. Haven't got it working
either. The ones that definately work since I have (had) all of them
running:

- McAfee
- ClamAV
- F-Prot
- F-Secure (even though you need to tweak the Linux-version a bit)
- Kaspersky
- AntiVir

BitDefender will bring out a FreeBSD version of their Linux scanner as
well. It is not available yet though.

Regards,
  JP

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk