MS+SA+CLAMAV on FreeBSD (Solved)

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Fri Jul 16 10:33:51 IST 2004

On Friday, July 16, 2004 9:35 AM MailScanner mailing list wrote:

> Just cd /usr/ports/mail/mailscanner, make install then read
> the instructions at the end of the build about upgrading the wrappers
> etc.

Well make install will fail if you already have a version installed.

make deinstall
make install

will work though or better yet do a

portupgrade mailscanner

> Once done, make clean (I like a nice tidy system!) then cd
> /usr/local/etc/MailScanner if you have a look in there you
> will find a new MailScanner.conf (Can't remember how it's
> exactly described but some thing like
> MailScanner-version.number.conf.new)

/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf.new.newversionnumber

> Open your favourite
> editor, check that your settings have been copied accross OK (Which
> happens automagically) and for any new settings, re-start MS and you
> are away. How smart is that!

Better yet

cd /usr/local/etc/MailScanner
diff -u MailScanner.conf MailScanner.conf.new.newversionnumber

Then check all changes (like new options), edit the new config file,
copy it over to MailScanner.conf and fire up MailScanner.

Regards,
  JP

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk