OUTLOOK was RE: [MAILSCANNER] RTFM... FAQ MAQ GOOGLE

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Thu Jul 15 16:23:34 IST 2004

On Thursday, July 15, 2004 5:14 PM Peter Peters wrote:

> We use SpamAssassin and a number of blacklists. Users can
> decide whether they filter on SA or any combination of
> blacklists. So they need to filter on "SpamAssassin" in the

I highly doubt that this is somehow useful but who am I to decide... :-)

> And the filter shouldn't react on "Spamassassin" in any other header.

Ok. The only choice I see here is to do some magic with your MTA. You
would have to process the mail again in your outgoing MTA and add
headers suitable for the task and Outlook...

Sorry. Never came across this problem. I trust SpamAssassin alone. High
Scoring mail is deleted and low scoring spam is completely moved to my
personal Junk Mail folder which I tend to have a look at once a day (not
that there is much in there...). Why bother and decide this per
blacklist?

Regards,
  JP

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk