OUTLOOK was RE: [MAILSCANNER] RTFM... FAQ MAQ GOOGLE

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at utwente.nl
Fri Jul 16 07:36:49 IST 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:02:10 +0100, you wrote:

>> At this moment most other mail clients can be thought to
>> check the contents of specific headers, defined in the filter
>> rules. I must admit I haven't seen Outlook 2003 yet, so I
>> don't know whether that version can be thought the same.
>>
>> At this moment we advise to test for "sssss" in the headers.
>
>Have a look at the attached which is based on your last email
>You can clearly see that you can setup a ruleset based on words in the
>header.

I know. Have a look at
http://home.student.utwente.nl/p.g.m.peters/outlookrule_viewlet.html.
But you can't tell Outlook to look for a specific word in a specific
header. You can tell Outlook to check the To:, Cc:, Subject: seperatly
but not any other header. In Agent you can use rules like
both the header to look for _and_ the word to check in that header.

--
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk