spam action rulesets 2nd - sendmail 8.13 problems

Shane Kelly s.kelly at AYRCOLL.AC.UK
Fri Jul 9 08:50:31 IST 2004

Hi,
On Thursday 08 July 2004 8:33 pm, Richard D wrote:

> b.) anyone has too problems with mailscanner and 8.13.0 and empty messages
> (no content)

        I found this was a problem after compiling sendmail (8.13 release candidate)
from source. I omitted the -DHASFLOCK compile switch.
        If this is your problem there are two ways (that I know) of to fix it.
        1. Preferred method - recompile sendmail with the above switch and
re-install.
        2. Short term fix - change the locking method used by MailScanner in the
MailScanner.conf file (from FLOCK to POSIX from memory) and restart
mailscanner.

Hope this helps.

Shane Kelly
Network Manager