Archive::Zip new version

Gareth Campling gareth at GRIFFIN.COM
Thu Jul 8 11:06:12 IST 2004

Running here on a dev <250 a day server if all is good in a couple of
days will roll out to the production cluster.

--
Gareth Campling
Network Operations Engineer
Griffin Internet

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Julian Field
Sent: 07 July 2004 17:19
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Archive::Zip new version

For those people who aren't running mission-critical systems and would
be prepared to lend a hand, please could you download the 1.11 alpha
version of Archive::Zip from the link below. All you need to do is
unpack the zip file,
         perl Makefile.PL
         make
         make test
         make install
and then restart MailScanner.

This release contains an important fix to a bug which could have allowed
a remote denial of service attack against your MailScanner servers due
to a particular problem with some corrupted zip files.

Let's get this problem fixed before the bad guys find it too!

If it looks okay, I will include it next month's release. But I will not
do that unless several people have run it for a while and see no
problems with it.

>It is currently posted in the list at http://tinyurl.com/378zr.

Thanks for your help folks!
--