rules and domain name lookups

Gardener, Ray A R.A.Gardener at SHU.AC.UK
Thu Jul 8 10:26:47 IST 2004

Hi,

I want to configure the spam checking option so that it is not done for mail from specify domains. I can see in the
/opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/EXAMPLES directory that you seem to be able to do something like this:

The pattern describes what messages should match this rule.
   Some examples are:
        user at sub.domain.com     # Individual address
        user@*                  # 1 user at any domain
        *@sub.domain.com        # Any user at 1 domain
        *@*.domain.com          # Any user at any sub-domain of "domain.com"
        *@domain.com            # Any user at 1 specific domain

These examples suggests that the domain that is checked is the one declared in the sending email address.

However what I want to happen is:

1)       I declare a domain that should be checked.
2)       Mailscanner does a reverse lookup on the incoming IP connection and if the IP address is in the domain listed don’t do a
spam check.

 Can this be done and if so what is the syntax please?

Regards,

Ray Gardener,
CIS,
Sheffield Hallam University