MailScanner stopped working on Solaris 8 machines

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Thu Jul 8 00:42:58 IST 2004

Steve Ochani wrote:
> Today I built and installed MailScanner 4.31.2-1 and clamav .74 on one
> machine and still nothing. The mail is being sent right along without any
> checks being done, even though mailscanner is running as you can see with
> the following
>
> /usr/lib/sendmail $MODE -OPrivacyOptions=noetrn -ODeliveryMode=queueonly -
> OQueueDirectory=/var/spool/mqueue.in &
> /usr/lib/sendmail -q15m &
> /opt/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner

What does $MODE contain? Only "-bd"?

So mail is grabbed from mqueue.in and delivered directly with no logs
confirming MS is doing it? Can you kill the "sendmail -q" process to see
what happens then? If you kill MS, does anything change then?

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.31.6,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.50, ClamAV 0.73 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk