mcafee uvscan not using /usr/local/uvscan/datfiles/current

Eric Dantan Rzewnicki rzewnickie at RFA.ORG
Thu Jan 29 18:46:18 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 02:17:27PM +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> Remco Barendse <mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO> wrote:

> >> These should be symlinks to datfiles/current/*.dat
>
> I should probably also note that the autoupdate script will create the
> datfiles directory and set up all the necessary symlinks the first time
> it is run. Remove the datfiles directory before running it to get a
> clean setup.

This seems to be where my problem was ... i moved the datfiles directory
to datfiles.bak and ran mcafee-autoupdate. As you said it would, the
datfiles dir was recreated and the symlinks now exist in
/usr/local/uvscan for clean.dat, internet.dat, names.dat and scan.dat.

Thank you for clearing this up. I'm still puzzled as to why they weren't
created when I first ran the script, but it seems to be ok now.

Thanks,
Eric Rz.