rant about anti-virus and spam, MS flamed

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 29 08:45:12 GMT 2004

I contacted the author, and received the following polite response:

: Please note that all new installations of MailScanner do not reply to
: any senders of viruses, and old installations of viruses have a list of
: viruses which they should not respond to. If system administrators
: insist on just copying their old settings to new upgrades, and do not
: update their list of non-respond viruses, then there is little I can do
: to educate them. Other than try to contact them to update their
: settings, which I do.
:
: I appreciate your point of view, and I am actively trying to pursuade
: them to update their settings.

Glad to hear that =) As you can probably guess, you are the only AV vendor
who rplied at all.
--
Julian Field