rant about anti-virus and spam, MS flamed

Joshua Penix jpenix at BINARYTRIBE.COM
Sat Jan 31 02:07:12 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 00:45, Julian Field wrote:
> I contacted the author, and received the following polite response:

Looks like he also updated his webpage, hopefully before the /. crowd
got there:

"Update 1/29/04 - It has been brought to my attention that MailScanner
is a) freeware, b) receives its virus naming from other software and c)
defaults to not sending such warnings. Kudos to the MailScanner devs for
recognizing the problem and reconfiguring long before this article
appeared."

--
Joshua Penix                                http://www.binarytribe.com
Binary Tribe           Linux Integration Services & Network Consulting