Antivir

Erik Jakobsen eja at URBAKKEN.DK
Tue Jan 27 17:28:23 GMT 2004

shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
> Erik Jakobsen wrote:
>
>> Julian Field wrote:
>>
>>> Half the point of MailScanner is that you only need the command-line "on
>>> demand" scanner, you don't need anything more fancy than that.
>>

>> Thanks for the reply. How do I make the "on demand" ?.
>

> eg. in  /etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf
> Virus Scanners = antivir

I do have antivir written on this line, but I only gets information,
that antivir is updated.

> MailScanner starts antivir for scanning = on-demand

Ok, this is the job, that MailScanner does ?.

> in short words:
> on access (daemon) = every file you or the os (operatingsystem)
> opens/access will be scanned
> on demand (command-line) = explicit start for scanning  a file

I see. And the only simple thing to do is having the antivir placed in
the MailScanner.conf as I have ?. Nothing else to do ?.

I wonder then why virusinformation the doesn't have antivir in the
messages I receive about founded viruses. I receive information from my
F-PROT and my CLAMAV. They of course also is written on the
MailScanner.conf line.

Thanks for your help.

/Erik.

--