Mailscanner getting bypassed and Sendmail still delivering mail.

Daniel Kleinsinger danielk at AVALONPUB.COM
Sat Jan 24 23:50:35 GMT 2004

Is it possible you have a backup mx host that's somehow bypassing your
MailScanner installation?  I guess some setups allow backup mxs to
deliver directly to user mailboxes and if there's no MS on the backup
then the emails don't get scanned.  Spammers often deliver to backup
mxs, even when the primary mx is up, for just that reason.

Daniel