Mailscanner getting bypassed and Sendmail still delivering mail.

Mike Zanker mike at ZANKER.ORG
Sat Jan 24 13:45:47 GMT 2004

On 23 January 2004 21:43 -0500 Jim VanEtten <jvane at INVITATION.ORG>
wrote:

> I have disabled the sendmail automatic startup and I let mailscanner
> start it up on it's own as per the instructions.
>
> service sendmail stop
> chkconfig sendmail off
> chkconfig --level 2345 MailScanner on
> service MailScanner start
>
> MailScanner does kick off 2 instances of sendmail just like it does in
> my successful installations. There are no errors in my maillog or
> messages log.

It's certainly not a problem with Panama - I'm running MailScanner and
SA on Panama without any problems.

Mike.