Extending it - was RE: ANNOUNCE: Unstable 4.26.5 released

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Fri Jan 23 21:59:36 GMT 2004

> Ken Anderson wrote:
> > The notify function is probably not appropriate for this, but it got me
> > thinking again that it would be nice to have a daily email sent to users
> > who can scan a list of emails that MailScanner has quarantined.
>
> In my humble opinion, MS is a real-time system. All kinds of summaries
> are better done with other tools, like MailWatch for example. Shouldn't
> be too hard to do your own script either, if you ask on the list someone
> probably will share an already existing one.

I agree.
Julian's software is excellent at what it does. You can build
extensions/plugins that offer the kind of functionality that some users
need, but incorporating them directly would be a bad idea, as a lot of
people do not need or want them.

Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
http://www.blacknightsolutions.ie/