Bayesian shenanigans (i.e. problems)

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Jan 15 15:56:50 GMT 2004

At 05:38 AM 1/15/2004, David Lee wrote:
>"Me, too!" (bayes_toks ~ 50MB, bayes_toks.new ~ 1.4GB).  Glad I'm not
>alone.
>
>This doesn't feel right.  Both the bayes_toks and bayes_toks.new seem to
>maintain recent update times for a day or so.  Eventually the ".new" seems
>to become quiet (and thus old(!)) but still hangs around.

Yes those sizes are unreasonable... It sounds like expiry is never running
on your system.

SA will _try_ to do expiry on an opportunistic basis, but only if no other
processes are using the bayes DB at the same time. A busy mailscanner
server will likely never succeed at opportunistic expiry.

Try running expiry manualy using sa-learn --force-expire and see if it
clears things up.