can't seem to teach with MailWatch

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Thu Jan 15 10:29:28 GMT 2004

Hi Chris,

This is probably a permissions problem - try running this:

chown root:apache /etc/MailScanner/bayes
chmod g+s /etc/MailScanner/bayes
chown root:apache -R /etc/MailScanner/bayes
chmod -R ug+rw /etc/MailScanner/bayes

You'll need to modify the above to suit you configuration e.g. path to the
bayes files and the users.

Also, if you haven't already done so - please subscribe to
mailwatch-users at lists.sourceforge.net as post MailWatch questions there as
this is a bit off-topic for the MailScanner list.

Kind regards,
Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Yuzik [mailto:chris at FRACTALWEB.COM]
Sent: 15 January 2004 09:36
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: can't seem to teach with MailWatch

Hi,

I'm really liking MailWatch. I've got a couple of quirks though.

When I try to teach a message "as ham", I get "SA Learn: error code 127
returned from sa-learn". I'm not sure how to fix this.

When I log in as root and use sa-learn, it works fine.

Cheers,
Chris

the sender and delete the message from your mailbox.

MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) for the presence of computer viruses.