Bouncing Spam

Fri Jan 9 14:01:35 GMT 2004

On Friday 09 January 2004 1:46 pm, Mark Warpool wrote:

> Allow me to point out one simple use for it, which is what I have been
> using it for recently.  As a sort of "debugging" technique.  I wanted to
> get a bead on just how many false-positives that I have been getting,
> and so I turned on the bouncing, expecting that the people who get the
> bounce would give me a call and let me know.

I think the "success" rate of this technique would be so low as to be
immeasurable.

Consider that a mailshot campaign, where you at least expect the recipients to
be possibly slightly interested in the information, generates a response
around 5%.

Expecting people to bother contacting you for sending them spam is just crazy,
IMHO.

Antony.

--
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no
difference, whereas in practice there is.

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.