Enterprise scalability

Michael Baird mike at TC3NET.COM
Wed Feb 25 21:41:10 GMT 2004

You would need a lot of mighty boxes to handle that kind of volume. I
use blades, so when my volume gets to a certain level, I just image in
another one, and mx to it as well (to a centralized NFS spool). My
blades are PIII-1200, I can handle without delay running
mailscanner/spamassassin, and using tmpfs for the queue.in 200,000 per
day, I'm using McAfee to do virus scanning as well, the machines only
handle inbound mail, no outbound relay is allowed.

Regards
MIKE