MailScanner -4.22-5+Postfix - 2.0.18-20040122 + SpamAssassin-2.63-1 on RedHat9.0 100% cpu consumtion by Mailscanner !!!

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Wed Feb 25 16:25:44 GMT 2004

Do your logs have any interesting messages in them? It's always the first
place to start.

Steve

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

> My System Is Running :
> 1) RedHat 9.0
> 2) Perl v-5.8.0 from distro RPM !
> 3) Postfix build 2.0.18-20040122 from www.postfix.org + TLS patch
> 4) MailScanner 4.22-5 from MailScanner website installed from their
> install
> script .
> 5) SpamAssasin-2.63-1 rpm .
>

> I followed the Postfix+MailScanner Procedure as described in the postfix
> website under addon software MailScanner link and my postfix is runnnig
> chrooted on /var/spool/postfix .
>
> The problem is every time I activate the postfix+mailscanner setup which
> includes all the steps mentioned in the mailscanner howto , mailscanner
> starts postfix incoming queue + outgoing and itself while initating
> mailscanner through perl .
>
> Every time I run top I see the mailscanner process taking 99% of my CPU {
> didn't mention but I am running a P4 machine + 256MB RAM with
> apache+webmail application} until the machine hangs !!!!
>
> If I get the chance to kill MailScanner processes everything gets back to
> normal and the cpu is 99% idle most of the time .
>
> I didn't commit any special changes to MailScanner.conf , I am just using
> f-
> prot and very much want to use the postfix-MailScanner-SpamAssassin
> combination .
>

> I will be very happy to get some help solving my problem ....
>

> Thanks in advance ,
>
> Gandalf .29 .P

> believed to be clean.
>
> Fortress Systems Ltd.
> www.fsl.com

dangerous content by Fortress Secure Mail Gateway
and was found to be clean.

Fortress Systems Ltd. - http://www.fsl.com