Training SA

Steve Thomas lists at STHOMAS.NET
Sat Feb 21 03:51:17 GMT 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 07:40:48PM -0800, Michael St. Laurent is rumored to have said:

> I'm looking for the best way to set things up for our users to train SA.  So
> far I'm thinking that the best way seems to be to create the spam and
> notspam mailboxes on the server and run a task each night to process them.

If you're talking about creating actual mailboxes that people forward their (non)spam to, don't. You need original, unaltered messages, otherwise you'll be training SA to think that mail from your users is spam..

What I did, and maybe what you're talking about, is create non/spam shared IMAP folders that users could copy/move messages to. I have a shell script that runs sa-learn on the folders once an hour. Works like a champ.

--
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
- Sun Tzu