What are they thinking?!?

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Feb 20 21:15:35 GMT 2004

At 03:25 PM 2/20/2004, Craig Daters wrote:
>Case in point... What the hell is the message trying to scam me out of?

<snip>

<snip>

>[-- End of offending message --]

That's not the entire raw message.. looks like you got the part you weren't
supposed to see..

The message was probably coded to be viewable in OE, but you use some kind
of webmail which decided to pick the 'wrong' mime section to display...

Take a close look at the message in raw mbox form if you've got it.. I bet
it's a 2 part message, one text chunk with the words, one html chunk with a
spamvertizment.

The whole thing is probably horrifically malformed to try to break spam
scanner's, but OE seems to read a lot of very broken mime codes just fine
(and fails to read some perfectly valid ones)