how to troubleshoot timeouts

Chris Yuzik chris at FRACTALWEB.COM
Thu Feb 19 07:46:10 GMT 2004

Hi everyone,

After enjoying the last couple of months with only the occasional
spamassassin timeout (about 1 a week), I'm now getting a few dozen a
day. Yesterday I had 84--today 24.

Last night I ran "sa-learn --force-expire" and "sa-learn --rebuild" to
see if that might fix the problem, but I guess not.

Is there any way of turning on extra-verbose logging in spamassassin or
mailscanner to see where exactly it's timing out? Could it be one of my
blackhole lists?

What are the steps to troubleshoot spamassassin timeouts?

Cheers,
Chris