SpamAssassin location

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Feb 16 16:24:02 GMT 2004

At 11:13 AM 2/16/2004, Craig Daters wrote:
>I know that when I upgraded to SpamAssassin 2.63 from 2.61,
>MailScanner could not find SpamAssassin.
>
>MailScanner was looking in '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail' for
>the SpamAssassin directory and couldn't find it because it was in
>'/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/Mail'. So I just symlinked it and everything
>worked great after that. (It might have been the other way around, I
>can't quite recall.)

Ouch.. That's *not* a good thing....

This means that when SA was configured, it found perl version 5.6.1. When
MailScanner was run, it was run under version 5.8.0.

Perhaps you should do some digging and find out why two different perl
versions exist on your server, and properly re-install SA under the version
of perl you want to use.