SpamAssassin location

Craig Daters craig at WESTPRESS.COM
Mon Feb 16 16:13:42 GMT 2004

>At 10:44 AM 2/16/2004, Stefan Zauchenberger wrote:
>>How does MailScanner determine the install location of
>>SpamAssassin (assuming SA has not been installed its
>>default path)?
>
>Well, mailscanner doesn't care so much about spamassassin, just where the
>Mail::SpamAssassin perl module is. And technicaly, it's not MailScanner
>that cares, it's perl.
>
>Where perl looks for modules is going to be based on your perl @INC path.
>If perl doesn't know where to find the module, perl won't find it, and thus
>MailScanner can't use it.
>
>perl -e 'print @INC;'
>
>usually the Mail::SpamAssassin module is under
>/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/(version)/.
>

>If you're using some other path for perl modules I'm not sure how, but
>you'll need to make perl aware of them.

I know that when I upgraded to SpamAssassin 2.63 from 2.61,
MailScanner could not find SpamAssassin.

MailScanner was looking in '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Mail' for
the SpamAssassin directory and couldn't find it because it was in
'/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/Mail'. So I just symlinked it and everything
worked great after that. (It might have been the other way around, I
can't quite recall.)

Craig Daters (craig at westpress.com)
Systems Administrator
West Press Printing