SpamAssassin location

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Mon Feb 16 16:03:58 GMT 2004

At 10:44 AM 2/16/2004, Stefan Zauchenberger wrote:
>How does MailScanner determine the install location of
>SpamAssassin (assuming SA has not been installed its
>default path)?

Well, mailscanner doesn't care so much about spamassassin, just where the
Mail::SpamAssassin perl module is. And technicaly, it's not MailScanner
that cares, it's perl.

Where perl looks for modules is going to be based on your perl @INC path.
If perl doesn't know where to find the module, perl won't find it, and thus
MailScanner can't use it.

perl -e 'print @INC;'

usually the Mail::SpamAssassin module is under
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/(version)/.

If you're using some other path for perl modules I'm not sure how, but
you'll need to make perl aware of them.