vscan (trend filescan) wrapper?

Max Kipness mkipness at GENIANT.COM
Sat Feb 14 16:25:04 GMT 2004

>I downloaded the Trend FileScan from the freetools ftp site. The
scanner works fine, and I modified the wrapper so that it works from the
command line, but when adding 'trend' to MailScanner.conf, I get >the
following in the logs:

>Feb 13 11:12:37 endpoint MailScanner[18918]: FATAL: *Please go and
READ*
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/codestatus.shtml as
it will tell you what to do.

>That is fairly obvious isn't it? Have you read that web page and
followed its instructions? Apart from making the text flash at you
there's not much I can do to make it clearer :-(

I have tried changing the setting to 'alpha', and then the message is
suppressed and it seems to work. However, then I removed my functioning
virus scanner and just added 'trend' as the only scanner. It doesn't
work as viruses pass right through it.

So I was wondering if anybody else has dealt with FileScan, had a
functioning wrapper, or advice on how to get it working. I'm guessing
that the data parsed from the wrapper is not interpreted by MailScanner
correctly?

Thanks for any help you can give on this.

Max

--
Julian Field
www.MailScanner.info <http://www.mailscanner.info/>