I have no incoming message, please help...

Wei Li wei at eng.fsu.edu
Thu Feb 12 22:25:44 GMT 2004

After start mailscanner, I could only send mail but no incoming mail..it is
urgent, please help.

Thanks.

>Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 21:11:00 +0000
>From: Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
>Subject: Re: amavis
>Comments: To: Wei Li <wei at eng.fsu.edu>
>To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
>At 21:01 12/02/2004, you wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>So, in my sendmail.cf file, do I need to comment this two lines to disable
>>amavis?
>>
>>Mlocal, P=/usr/sbin/amavis, F=SAw5:|/@glDFMPhsfn, S=10/30, R=20/40,
>>         A=amavis $f $u /usr/bin/procmail -Y -a $h -d $u
>
>You need to put it back how it was before you installed amavis.
>
>>And, for the spamassasion, after run mailscanner, will the spamassasin run for
>>every single user as before? do I need to disable it, too? how?
>
>Let MailScanner take over SpamAssassin for you. Individual
>.spamassassin/user_prefs files won't be used, but everything that people
>usually want to customise can be configured on a per-user or per-domain (or
>per-anything else) basis using MailScanner rulesets. Read
>/etc/MailScanner/rules/* for more information on rulesets.
>

>>Thanks a lot

>> >Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:38:09 +0000
>> >From: Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
>> >Subject: Re: amavis
>> >Comments: To: Wei Li <wei at eng.fsu.edu>
>> >To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
>> >
>> >Correct. MailScanner works at the same level as the MTA (sendmail or
>> whatever).

>> >You set
>> >Virus Scanners = mcafee
>> >in MailScanner.conf
>> >and put the path to your McAfee installation in the virus.scanners.conf
>> file.
>> >
>> >MailScanner doesn't need anything special in your sendmail.cf at all. You
>> >can put it back how it was before you started running amavis.
>> >--
>> >Julian Field
>> >www.MailScanner.info
>> >Professional Support Services at www.MailScanner.biz
>> >MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
>> >PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
>
>--
>Julian Field
>www.MailScanner.info
>Professional Support Services at www.MailScanner.biz
>MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
>PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654

Wei Li                                         @__   -----
System Administrator                          _,>/'_  ----
FAMU-FSU College of Engineering              (*) \(*)  ---
O:332 - C  Tel:(850)410-6157

With a PC, I always felt limited by the software available.
On Unix, I am limited only by my knowledge.

--Peter J. Schoenster