For those of us that feel strongly that email should be a reliable transport medium.

Dustin Baer dustin.baer at IHS.COM
Wed Feb 11 18:24:49 GMT 2004

Daniel Kleinsinger wrote:

> Julian Field wrote:
>
> Maybe someone already suggested this, but how about a required setting
> for an email contact that is added to the bottom of the bounce message
> instead of the default
> MailScanner
> Email Virus Scanner
> www.mailscanner.info
> ?
>
> Then maybe you can make your threat of "redirecting all my abusive email
> to you" come true.

Along these same lines, something that I thought about this morning.
Rather than bouncing with "From: <>", how about bouncing with "From:
<postmaster at bouncing.domain.whose.MTA.already.accepted.the.message>"

That way, when our users start complaining (even more) about their
addresses being sender spoofed by spammers, we can contact a real person
to complain about bouncing to a spoofed sender.

Julian, I realize you have already released 4.27, so this might be
something to think about for the future.

Dustin
--
Dustin Baer
Unix Administrator/Postmaster