For those of us that feel strongly that email should be a reliable transport medium.

hermit921 hermit921 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Feb 10 21:39:24 GMT 2004

At 01:21 PM 2/10/2004, Andy Sutton wrote:
>On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 15:56, Julian Field wrote:
> > But in the meantime, does anyone have any good ideas for a happy medium,
> > such as enabling it but not documenting it, or producing a nasty log
> > message if it is used, or something like that?
> > All constructive ideas are most welcome.
> > --
> > Julian Field
>
>Don't know if it is possible, but have an option where you can list your
>hosted domains and then have an option to limit bounce messages to just
>those those domains in the TO/FROM.  This would let providers inform
>their customers that something did not go through while not polluting
>the rest of the net.  I think that this would make everyone (mostly)
>happy.
>
>My .02
>
>Andy

I like this idea.  I still get warnings that we sent a virus (from
non-existent users or machines here), and I keep trying to reply that the
postmaster needs to restrict such messages to their own users.

hermit921