Mailscanner with virus scanning, Open Webmail and sendmail

James Beale jamesb at LUDCASTLE.CO.UK
Wed Feb 11 15:52:16 GMT 2004

Hi

I hope that someone with some more knowledge (it wouldn't be difficult!)
than me of configuring Mailscanner with virus scanning, Open Webmail and
sendmail will be able to provide me with an answer.

First of all, it seems that everything is fine, except for scanning of
emails received from outside of our network.  That is to say, I can prove
emails are virus scanned and disinfected (eicar test virus) when users send
emails internally, but when I send myself the test virus from an outside
account, it does not get scanned.

I feel that I am missing something quite obvious in my setup, but can't
figure out what.

Many thanks.
James.