ANNOUNCE: unstable version 4.27.1 released

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Wed Feb 11 16:08:02 GMT 2004

Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

>There will always be people who want to bounce all spam back to the
>purported sender, and I think they are 99% wrong. However if they can't
>do it with MailScanner they will just go and use something else that does
>let them do it. So I am letting them, but under plenty of restrictions.

I think MailScanner is the wrong software to use if that is the policy
they want to implement: MTAs should be rejecting spam at SMTP time rather
than bouncing it later, and MailScanner gets hold of a message too late
to do that.

If they want an Exim local_scan or Sendmail Milter interface to
SpamAssassin, they know where to find it.

Tony.
CAPE WRATH TO RATTRAY HEAD INCLUDING ORKNEY: WEST 4 OR 5 GRADUALLY BACKING
SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST 3. PATCHY RAIN OR DRIZZLE SOON DYING OUT. MODERATE OR GOOD,
OCCASIONALLY POOR AT FIRST IN THE NORTH. SLIGHT OR MODERATE, OCCASIONALLY
ROUGH AT FIRST IN NORTH.