For those of us that feel strongly that email should be a reliable transport medium.

Dave Alden alden at MATH.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Wed Feb 11 14:36:44 GMT 2004

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 09:18:12AM +0000, Julian Field wrote:
> At 23:40 10/02/2004, you wrote:
> >Julian, I honestly believe you did the right thing removing this
> >functionality. It doesn't belong. If some people get mad about it, let
> >them. Putting the functionality back is just facilitating laziness and
> >creates broken mailservers at the expense of others.
>
> But even better if I can put the functionality back in, but in such a way
> that novice admins have to jump through a lot of hoops to enable it. That
> way it can't be done by accident.
>
> And if I make the subject headers obvious, people can auto-delete the
> notifications.
>
> (just trying to please everyone if possible :-)

Keep in mind that there are some of us (many???) that won't be happy if you
put the bounce option back in.  You can't win.  :-)  Put me in the "Never,
under any circumstances, put that option back in" camp.

...dave alden