For those of us that feel strongly that email should be a reliable transport medium.

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 11 09:18:12 GMT 2004

At 23:40 10/02/2004, you wrote:
>Julian, I honestly believe you did the right thing removing this
>functionality. It doesn't belong. If some people get mad about it, let
>them. Putting the functionality back is just facilitating laziness and
>creates broken mailservers at the expense of others.

But even better if I can put the functionality back in, but in such a way
that novice admins have to jump through a lot of hoops to enable it. That
way it can't be done by accident.

And if I make the subject headers obvious, people can auto-delete the
notifications.

(just trying to please everyone if possible :-)
--
Julian Field