For those of us that feel strongly that email should be a rel iable transport medium.

Christian Campbell ccampbell at BRUEGGERS.COM
Tue Feb 10 21:23:13 GMT 2004

> All constructive ideas are most welcome.

Although I hate being on the receiving end of bounced messages that I didn't
send, I feel that MailScanner should remain a configurable product and that
SysAdmins should understand how to use the product.  It sounds like
there may be a, albeit small, business need for the 'bounce' option.

That being said, I suggest that:

1)  A STRONGLY worded warning be added in reference to using the 'bounce'
option in the config file,
and/or
2)  It is not on by default (I know it's not now...),
and/or
3)  It must be enabled in more than one location to ensure the SysAdmin
REALLY wants it enabled
and that a newbie admin doesn't enable it by accident.
and/or
4)  Ability to restrict to certain domains.

Just my suggestions. Flame away...  ;)

Christian