For those of us that feel strongly that email should be a reliable transport medium.

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Tue Feb 10 20:24:11 GMT 2004

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

I know his is Way, way off topic but I just can't resist.

Email is and should be considered as reliable but not guaranteed message
delivery system. If your lawyer or banking clients are using email for
critical document delivery, they should probably re-think that practice.

I can tell you from personal experience with Wall Street Banking firms that
if a broker ever sent a buy-sell order or other type of exchange that
certifies a fund transfer via email he or she would be subject to severe
disciplinary action. It is forbidden.

The banks I've worked for legally consider email a totally insecure, not
100% guaranteed delivery, "business convenience" - and try to treat it
accordingly. Good lawyers treat email the same way.

Steve

> Errol neal

> believed to be clean.
>
> Fortress Systems Ltd.