Including original headers in reports

Admin Team sysadmins at ENHTECH.COM
Tue Feb 10 16:31:24 GMT 2004

At 11:16 AM 2/10/2004, you wrote:
>Since most modern virii and spam fake their addresses, why send out
>notices at all?  It's sort of pointless, and I personally get tired of
>virus infection messages from people who received an email supposedly
>from me but with a forged TO:

Well we think it would be irresponsible of us not to notify. As a matter of
fact, it is a pain for us to do so and we only do so
because of our client base. We would love not to have to do this. If one of
our clients were expecting an urgent, time sensitive email and that email
was did not make  through the MailScanner for some reason, we feel it is
our obligation to notify the sender. Otherwise you have the situation where
they believe the message was delivered and leave town, go out of the
country, go on vacation or whatever, but our client is left hanging. The
notification is critical in this regard because it allows us to quickly
alert someone in case of an obvious mistake.
Now one would argue the obvious that we are responding to far more spoofed
messages than we are valid one and I would agree. But at this point and
time, there is no other alternative for my company than do this.

Regards

Errol Neal