Definitely Spam problem

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Wed Dec 29 08:35:22 GMT 2004

Juan Pablo Abuyeres wrote:
      Hi,

      I'm running mailscanner-4.33.3-1
      I have set up a rule for Is Definitely Spam, and action for
      spam is attachment. The problem is when I send an email, the
      mail dissapears. It never gets to the recipient, it doesn't
      bounce.. nothing.

      <Snipped>
      Dec 28 19:32:53 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: Message DBF1C194
      from 200.24.224.1 (jpabuyer at tecnoera.com) to wawi.nac.cl is
      spam (blacklisted)
      Dec 28 19:32:53 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: Spam Checks: Found
      1 spam messages
      Dec 28 19:32:53 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: Spam Actions:
      message DBF1C194 actions are attachment
      Dec 28 19:32:53 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: Created attachment
      dirs for 0 messages
      Dec 28 19:32:53 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: Virus and Content
      Scanning: Starting
      Dec 28 19:32:53 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: Commencing
      scanning by f-secure...
      Stopping now as you are debugging me.
      Dec 28 19:32:59 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: Scan ended at Tue
      Dec 28 19:32:59 2004
      Dec 28 19:32:59 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: 1 file scanned
      Dec 28 19:32:59 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: Completed scanning
      by f-secure
      Dec 28 19:32:59 bonnie MailScanner[31414]: MailScanner child
      dying of old age

      I checked the changelog, but I didn't notice any entry on
      this issue.

      Any ideas?

Yes, you need to add 'deliver' to the spam actions (To go with
attachment)
      Is it possible to set a special action for "Is Definitely
      Spam" matching mails? (for customers who want to receive
      spam, convert to attachment high scoring spam, and delete
      Definitely Spam).

AFAIK the options are for either spam or high scoring spam. I guess the
obvious move is to set the high score to a very high number (200?) and
set that to delete and the spam options to attach, deliver so those get
attached and delivered, then set the blacklisted spam to be high scoring
spam (So they get deleted). That would do the job ;-)

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for
viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is