Postfix and Mailscanner sitting in a tree k-iss-ing

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Sun Dec 26 22:02:07 GMT 2004

avery wrote:

> Julian Field wrote:
>
>> avery wrote:

>>> Drew,
>>>
>>> I agree completely that Mailscanner is a awesome piece of software, so
>>> is postfix though.
>>>
>>> Maybe this isn't my place to say this, but at least this sort of
>>> information should be on the Mailscanner website. The strength of
>>> GNU/GPL/OpenSource communities is all of the great information you can
>>> get that the proprietary world lacks so much of. Why not just openly
>>> state that the postfix community does not agree with how Mailscanner
>>> works with postfix and that Mailscanner has tried to accommodate the
>>> postfix community. No politics no bull just the facts. Then people like
>>> me are more educated on the subject and less people would be bothering
>>> the Mailscanner experts on the mailing list : ) . Sometime exposting
>>> the
>>> facts kills off the politics and drama.
>>>
>>> A lot of people like me are struggling to keep open source products a
>>> part of the IT infrastructure we work in. We sometimes have difficulty
>>> getting the facts, and a lot of people are getting scared away from
>>> Mailscanner because of this. I am not proposing changing anything, I am
>>> just saying lets expose the facts.
>>

>> It would be great if you could add this to the FAQ on the website. It's
>> not a wiki but works very like one. Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Julian Field
>> www.MailScanner.info
>> Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
>> Professional Support Services at www.MailScanner.biz
>> MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
>>
>> PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654
>>
>> ------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------
>> 'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
>> Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
>> the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

> Julian,
>
> Thanks you for the info Mr. FAQ Administrator. Consider it done.
>
> Schrock

Ok beat me to it! I'll leave to you Schrock. Feel free to mail me off
list if you need any help or more detail.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy